As the University of North Texas (UNT) strives to become a nationally recognized research institution, it is committed to give its students the best undergraduate experience in Texas. This goal demands exemplary faculty, and innovative teaching and collaboration campus wide. Below is a list of UNT faculty who teach and/or conduct research in sustainability related areas.
At UNT, sustainability research is aimed at solving complex problems through interdisciplinary collaboration, creativity, and innovation. UNT’s strategic research plan focuses on advancing cutting-edge sciences, and the sustainability sciences are of primary importance. UNT Sustainability works closely with UNT's Office of Research & Economic Development to identify holistic approaches to optimizing research support, program development, and funding opportunities, both public and private. UNT is recognized for its diverse research and sustainability initiatives at the national and international levels, developing the knowledge and innovations that will shape our future while cultivating excellence in the next generation of scholars and leaders for the global community.
Sustainability Research Clusters
- With unprecedented commitment from the UNT community, UNT Sustainability facilitates and supports sustainability-focused research clusters to propel the university to the forefront in sustainability research.
- UNT’s sustainability-focused research clusters bring together collaborative, cross-disciplinary teams comprised of leading researchers, faculty, and students engaged in seminal research and the synergistic exchange of ideas and resources.
- These research clusters offer an expansive research infrastructure that can be utilized to address extremely complex phenomena within the three dimensions of sustainability—environmental, economic, and social—in addition to a focus on sustainable technologies.
How can we help you?
- UNT Sustainability works closely with leading research faculty, programs, and clusters to identify opportunities, facilitate partnerships, and build cohesion to enhance research on campus and solve challenges in areas of environmental, economic, social, and technological sciences.
- With grant awards exceeding $2 million, UNT Sustainability enhances existing and emerging innovative activities on campus and has success in bringing reknowned researchers together to promote new areas of scholarship.
- Contact us today to learn more about how UNT Sustainability can help you discover research opportunities, funding, and prospective partners.