Recycling in Residence Halls

  • The residence halls use single-stream recycling, which means that all of your recyclables can be put in just one container.
  • If you live in a residence hall, you should have a green or blue recycling bin in your room (if you don’t please request one from your Residence Assistant or front desk clerk). When the bin gets full, you can empty it into the blue single-stream dumpster outside your hall.
  • Accepted materials are paper, plastic, aluminum, glass, cardboard, and steel. Residence hall front desks also have recycling containers for batteries and compact fluorescent light bulbs.
  • For more information on how you can recycle in your specific residence hall, find your Eco-Rep or front desk clerk and ask!

Recycling On Campus

  • The campus recycling program has several receptacles that collect the following: paper, plastic, aluminum, and cardboard.
  • You can also schedule a special pick-up for large amounts of recyclables, as well as Styrofoam and fluorescent lights. UNT Recycling also picks up printer cartridges (no refurbished cartridges please), just put them on top of your paper totes.
  • To schedule a pick-up, call 940-565-2700.FMI visit UNT Recycling.

recycling department

Recycling in the Union

  • The University Union has receptacles throughout the building for paper, plastic, and aluminum. Please make an effort to use these to recycle your beverage containers and paper products.

2011 Recycling Study

  • In the fall of 2010, UNT Sustainability conducted a Recycling Study of the UNT campus. The study assessed UNT’s recycling programs and identified challenges inhibiting effective and efficient campus recycling.
  • Click on the link above to read the 2010 Recycling Study (web version) or click here to view and download the PDF.

how to recycle